Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My thoughts on Joseph Smith


Book of Mormon: 1830 Replica Edition This is the version of the Book of Mormon that I'm reading right now. I love it. There are no verses marked and it reads just like a novel. I do like that part of it, but the best part is that I can really feel Joseph Smith when I'm reading it. He writes a letter as an introduction and mentions the lost 116 pages, and you can just feel how sorry he is - he apologizes to the reader. Throughout the book, every time I read a grammatical error, I can feel the man, Joseph Smith, and when I read doctrine that really speaks to my soul and reaffirms my commitments, I feel the prophet, Joseph Smith. Reading this version, this way has been a truly testimony-building experience for me.

2 comments:

Malerie said...

I was thinking the same thing, Cass. I have gained a deeper appreciation for Joseph Smith reading this time. I'm amazed and grateful for all he went through so we could have this book.

chelsea mckell said...

I totally want to get a copy of that! I'm assuming any Desere Book-type place would have it??